Resolution No. 2009-15 Privacy of Concealed Weapons permit holders
A Resolution of the Multnomah County Democratic Party Central Committee:
- Whereas, concealed weapons permits are obtained by people for personal protection;
- Whereas, concealed weapons permits are obtained to help insure compliance with state laws pertaining to carrying and transporting of firearms;
- Whereas, the Constitution of the United States guarantees the rights of individuals to keep and bear arms; and,
- Whereas, individuals who obtain a concealed weapons permit have a right to privacy;
- Therefore, be it resolved that the Multnomah County Democratic Party supports the withholding of information providing names of individuals, who have obtained concealed weapons permits, from the public.
That sounds pretty clear to me. Keep CHL info out of the public records.
Update: This story has also been picked up in the Daily Kos: Oregon Democrats Support Privacy Rights for Gun Owners.